Effective Date:18th October 2010
“Kenlighten” or “Mavenz Kenlighten” or the “Kenlighten Platform” or the “Site” or the “Service”, which includes the content, the software applications platform and services available through www.kenlighten.com or the website, is owned by Mavenz Management and Technology Services Private Limited, a company incorporated in India, hereinafter, referred to as “Mavenz” or “the Company”.
When you use the Site, you share with us the following kinds of information, collectively referred to as "User Content":
- Personal information such as your name, gender, date of birth, email addresses and other contact details, what you are interested to learn and or teach, your interests or any other information you choose to share with other Users that may describe you or otherwise in general.
- Professional information such as your work experience, educational qualifications and skills.
- Relationships you have or develop with other users of the Site.
- Messages that you may send to other users of the Site directly or through Kenlighten Communities created by you or other users, or as invitations, or product or community referrals, draft reviews of pre-released products, event promotions, job postings, reviews and ratings, feedback on reviews or about the Site.
- Your knowledge that you may upload in the form of a product that may contain documents, video, audio, image and or presentation created using the Kenlighten Presentation Tool on the Site.
- Site usage information based on your interaction with the Site such as the products, jobs, events or user profiles you accessed last, your browser type, your computer or mobile device operating system, and IP address.
You may also create products and multiple versions of the same based on your membership status. Note that you cannot delete those versions of your products that may have been purchased by one or more other users of Kenlighten even if you decide to close your account with Kenlighten. You must keep your account active in order to receive your margins for each sale of products created by you.
If you choose to use our invitation or product referral service to inform a friend about the Site or product available on the Site, we will ask you for information needed to send the invitation or referral, such as your friend's email address. We will send your friend an email or instant message in your name inviting the person to visit the Site to register as a user or to view and subscribe to the product as the case may be, and may send up to two reminders to this person. Kenlighten stores this information to send invitations, referrals and reminders, to register a connection if your invitation is accepted, to allow you to see invitations you have sent, and to track the success of our referral program.
Our primary purpose in collecting personal information is to provide you with a safe, smooth, efficient, and customized experience. You agree that we may use your personal information to:
- provide the services and customer support you request;
- resolve disputes, collect fees, and troubleshoot problems;
- customize, measure and improve our services, content and advertising; and
- tell you about our services and those of our corporate family, targeted marketing, service updates, and promotional offers based on your communication preferences;
Your password is the key to your account. It is your responsibility to protect the security of your login information.
The Company does not knowingly collect or maintain personal information from anyone under the age of thirteen (13) via the Site, unless or except as permitted by law. Any person who provides personal information via the Site represents to us that he or she is thirteen (13) years of age or older. If the Company learns that personal information has been collected from a user under thirteen (13) years of age on or through the Site, then the Company will take the appropriate steps to cause this information to be deleted.
If you are the parent or legal guardian of a child under thirteen (13) who has become a Kenlighten User, please contact us at mailto:email@example.com to have that child's account terminated and information deleted.
We use "cookies" (small files placed on your hard drive) on certain of our pages to help analyze our web page flow; customize our services, content and advertising; measure promotional effectiveness, and promote trust and safety.
A few important things you should know about cookies are that:
- Most cookies are "session cookies", meaning that they are automatically deleted from your hard drive at the end of a session.
- You are always free to decline our cookies if your browser permits, although doing so may interfere with your use of some of our sites or services.
- You may encounter cookies from third parties on certain pages of the sites that we do not control.
No Spam, Spyware or Spoofing
Change of Ownership
In the event of a change in ownership, or a merger with, acquisition by, or sale of assets to, another entity, we reserve the right to transfer all of your Personal Information, including email addresses, to that entity. The Company will use reasonable efforts to notify registered users of such a transfer (by a posting on the home page, or by email to a Kenlighten User's email address that was provided to us, as chosen by us at our discretion).
The security of your personal information is important to us. Your information is stored on our servers located in India. We treat data as an asset that must be protected and use lots of tools (encryption, passwords, physical security, etc.) to protect your personal information against unauthorized access and disclosure. However, as you probably know, third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications, and other users may abuse or misuse your personal information that they collect from the site. Therefore, although we work very hard to protect your privacy, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information or private communications will always remain private. Because email and instant messaging are not recognized as secure communications, we request that you not send private information to us by email or instant messaging services.
We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
We don't sell or rent your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes without your explicit consent. We may combine your information with information we collect from other companies and use it to improve and personalize our services, content and advertising.
If you use the Site after notice of changes have been sent to you or published on our site, you hereby provide your consent to the changed practices. Regardless of your usage, all changes automatically take effect thirty (30) days after they are initially posted on the Site, and you hereby provide your consent to the changed practices.
Mavenz Management and Technology Services Private Limited
407, 4th Floor,
Kamat Towers, EDC Complex,
Goa. 403 001.